We welcome you as a customer of the Coweta Public Works Authority and would like to acquaint you with some of the policies and procedures of the Utility Department.
Residential trash should be bagged and set at the curb by 7 a.m. on your normal day of service (No more than 24 hours before). There is a 14 bag limit. We also provide bulk trash pick-ups for an additional fee.
Addresses East of Highway 51 and Broadway will have Thursday pick-ups.
Addresses West of Highway 51 and Broadway and in the Woods will have Tuesday pick-ups.
All utility customers are required to complete an application for service in person at City Hall (310 S Broadway) during normal business hours before an account can be created. Proof of identity is required along with a deposit that is refundable when the account is finaled. A New Customer Notice is provided at the time the account is created which has important information regarding billing, payment options, and other applicable fees.
If you are renting, a copy of your lease agreement must be provided.
Applications submitted before noon will have utility services established the same day, and applications submitted before 4.30 p.m. will have services established the next business day.
Delivery of Bills & Due Dates
Utility bills are mailed monthly; meters are read according to the location within the City and due dates are determined by this cycle. For this reason, due dates cannot be changed.
Utility bills are mailed on the 1st day of each month, and payment is due on the 20th of that month (this includes weekends and holidays). All unpaid accounts will be assessed a 10% penalty on the 21st and a late notice reminder will be mailed informing the customer that their service is past due and they are subject to disconnection. On the 26th, all unpaid accounts are assessed a $10 default payment fee and water meters will be turned off that day.
Utility bills are mailed on the 15th day of each month, and payment is due on the 5th of the following month (this includes weekends and holidays). All unpaid accounts will be assessed a 10% penalty on the 6th and a late notice reminder will be mailed informing the customer that their service is past due and they are subject to disconnection. On the 11th, all unpaid accounts are assessed a $10 default payment fee and water meters will be turned off that day.
Discontinuation of Services
Sewer and trash service accounts will be discontinued as well for all unpaid accounts. Sewer lines are capped and a $250 disconnect fee is charged. To reactivate sewer service after payment of the utility bill and disconnect fee, a sewer tap permit must be obtained and a licensed plumber must make the actual reconnection to the city main.
Payment Options for Utility Bills
- Pay in person at Coweta City Hall during normal business hours
- Pay after hours at City Hall at the night depository located next to the front door
- Pay online ($1.25 technology fee applies)
- Pay by phone toll-free at 833-282-0827: you must have your utility account number ($1.25 technology fee applies)
- Pay at the bank: First National Bank of Coweta or the Coweta Branch of BancFirst before your due date
- Enroll in Auto Bank Draft for your bill to be automatically taken from your checking account on your due date
- If you pay by mail, be sure to allow enough time for your payment to reach us before your due date. It is suggested that you not mail your utility payment once you have received the Late Notice Reminder of possible disconnection, but pay at City Hall either in person or in the night depository box.