- Boards & Commissions
- Planning Commission
- 6:00 p.m.
- 3rd Monday of every month
- Coweta City Hall
310 S Broadway
Coweta, OK 74429
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Coweta Planning Commission is a five-member board that meets the third Monday night of the month and is responsible for recommendations to the City Council regarding rezoning, platting and lot splits. The Planning Commission also works on special projects such as the Highway Overlay District and Coweta Zoning Code text amendments. The duties and powers of the Coweta Planning Commission shall be:
- To investigate and recommend to the Mayor and City Council suitable zoning ordinances for the City.
- To investigate and make recommendations concerning the physical development, growth, improvement, convenience and beautification of the City.
- To investigate all matters relating to the location and development of parks, recreation places, streets, public grounds, location and design of public buildings and public structures, and to make a report of their findings on any proposed or contemplated project relative to any of the above matters to the City Council of the City.
- All findings and recommendations of the Planning Commission affecting private property shall be submitted in writing to the City Council of the City for their examination, approval or rejection.
Zoning changes are processed through the Planning Commission, which makes recommendations to the City Council. Changes to the zoning code and/or text require a minimum of 20 days public notification. Staff will place the notice in a local paper, mail notification to owners of property within 300 feet of the subject property and contract for the posting of a sign on the property.
The applicant is required to provide a 300-foot ownership list certified by an abstracting company. The application fee runs from $100 to $200 depending on the intensity of the proposed use, the fee for sign posting is $50. Costs for the ownership list, newspaper publication and mail out vary but typically run in the range of $150 to $250. Typical processing time from application to City Council action is approximately 45 days.
Plats are processed through the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), the Planning Commission and the City Council. The Coweta Subdivision Regulations require a three-step review process by the Planning Commission:
- Sketch Plat
- Preliminary Plat
- Final Plat
It should be noted that the Final Plat must be approved by the City Council. The TAC process occurs at Sketch and Preliminary Plat levels. Furthermore, Preliminary Plats are required to be accompanied by construction drawings.
Fees for Preliminary Plat are $50 plus $1 per lot over 10 lots; fees for Final Plat are $100 plus $1 per lot over 10 lots ($400 maximum). TAC meetings are held on an as-needed basis.
2019 Planning Commission Rezoning Application and Procedures